Some days you are just hanging out trying to think of an excuse to get out of the house. Yesterday was not one of those days. Here's an hour by hour breakdown of the showdown: 7am up and trying to get Mads going (breakfast, dressed, hair, reading, lunch made and out the door) 8:10am take Mads to school. 8:30am run the kids to the park up the street do two laps around, let the kids play for a few minutes and then run back home (yes I have three kids in a two seater jogging stroller, they take turns sitting on the wheel) 9:30am get Jonathan to sleep 10:00am get me in the shower. 11:30am get Spencer and Brooke lunch (Brooke ready for school, bath, hair, dressed, and reading done.) 12:15pm take Brooke to school (haul the boys in (Spence barefoot) to the school to pick up permission slips from the office) 12:45 get Spence ready to go visiting teaching including a good talking to about not jumping on people's furniture. 1:15pm go visiting teaching. 1:30pm Gary calls my cell in the middle of the “lesson part” so I just turn the phone off and he leaves me a message. 2:00pm leaving first appointment I check the message from Gary and Madalynn is feeling sick and needs me to pick her up. So I tell my companion and ditch the second appointment and go to pick up Mads. When I get to the school the office ladies tell me that Madalynn is complaining of a headache (she does get some bad ones) and that the boy who sits next to her just went home with some “EXTREMELY CONTAGIOUS VIRAL RASH” they tell me what it looks like and I'm thinking that is exactly what Brooke's legs look like. So I pull Brooke out of school too. All the while Spencer is throwing rocks (ya where did he find those?) in the school. 2:30pm at home on the phone with the dr. they say to bring her in. 2:50pm at the doctor's office with 4 kids (that's always a treat) 15.00 dollar copay = We get Brooke all checked out. GOOD NEWS it's not an extremely contagious viral rash. Her new skirt that she wore the day before was most likely bugging her, here's your prescription for a hard core cream it will fix everything but if it doesn't bring her back in. I say, “well that's easy because I'll be seeing you tomorrow morning for his (Jonathan's) 9 month check up.” Doctor does some quick rescheduling and 15.00 copay = Jonathan gets checked out and one shot. We snag 3 suckers (had to fight spence to put the two extras he snagged back) 3:50pm stop by the house for Brooke to change into her dance clothes. 4:00pm drop Brooke off at dance. 4:15pm drop off prescription. 4:30pm help Mads with homework in the car while we wait for dance class to get over. 5:00pm 14.00 copay = hard core cream. 5:15pm back home. Start dinner going and more homework. 6:00pm Dad walks in the door just in time to slide into his seat for the Prayer on the food. 6:20pm finish homework. 7:00pm Mads and I hit Walmart to grab all the fun stuff for the big birthday party this weekend. 8:00pm scriptures and family prayer. 8:30pm cream on Brooke's legs and kids off to bed (notice the difference between off to bed and in bed) 9:00pm Gary and I finally get to watch the first episodes of The Office season four!! You may have picked up on the fact that there was no picking up this or putting away that in this account. That would explain why my house was so out of control messy by the end of the day. Thank goodness the girls cleared the table and Gary did the dishes after dinner or I probably would've passed out. I also omitted all the nursing, changing, bum wiping and buckling of car seats that took place during the day.
Thank you all for indulging my obvious need to vent. PS: Today is great I even have time to play on the blog.
Thank you all for indulging my obvious need to vent. PS: Today is great I even have time to play on the blog.
Comments
By the way, you're an AMAZING mom to your 4 beautiful kids!! A lot of work, but somehow worth it right?!!